Booking Terms & Conditions
By booking with Move iT Movers you agree to the following:
- We provide a door-to-door service. The hourly rate starts once we arrive at your first address and stops when the unload is complete at the final address. All removals are a minimum of 2 hours unless otherwise agreed. After the first 2 hours we charge per 15-minute blocks as per the following, unless otherwise quoted – 1 person $90ph, 2 persons $170ph, 3 persons $250ph.
- Our charges start from when we arrive / greet you and ends upon completion of the job and payment is received.
- All our trucks are fully-equipped with free of charge materials: moving blankets, cardboard, trolley, straps and tools to assemble/dismantle goods.
- Although every professional attempt to move items will be carried out as directed by the client, we reserve the right to refuse service at any point where deemed unsuitable or unsafe.
- It is recommended that the client, or a client representative, is always be present during the move. It is the client’s responsibility to show the moving team everything required to be moved and to check that nothing extra is taken, or items missed.
- Any extra large or heavy item must be notified at time of booking together with accurate descriptions.
- It is recommended that you prepare adequately and stabilize all appliances or electronic equipment prior to their removal.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that items will fit in the new premises. Our moving team will not be insured to remove doors or windows in such cases and will be forced to drop the items outside the premises where safe access is not possible.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to inform us about the awkward access. Awkward access can include, no vehicle access, no parking available in close proximity to the property and cramped stair and hallway conditions.
- Some wooden furniture might become weakened over time, and may not be suitable for moving, as it might not be able sustain its own weight when lifted and as such we will not be liable for crack/break appearing during move, unless it’s our fault where it is dropped or scratched by us.
- Additional charges may apply to items not stated via the booking form.
- These trading terms shall form part of the contract which governs the relationship between you and us.
- Goods in transit have up to $100,000 insurance coverage. Public liability & property damage is included.
- Unless you check and pay for insurance coverage which waives the excess fee, a $250 excess fee applies if any damage to the client’s goods and property needs to be fixed or replaced by Move it Movers.
- Insurance will only apply if the client, or a representative acting on behalf of the client, is present throughout the duration of the move.
- Insurance applies only when items are professionally packed and / or protected. Insurance will not apply in any case where the customer refuses our recommendation for a safe way of transporting your items.
- Insurance will not cover damaged items inside the boxes unless Move iT Movers were responsible for the packing service.
- Insurance does not cover electronic equipment not packed in their original box.
- Insurance does not cover fragile items such as stone, including marble, concrete, granite, composite or similar.
- Insurance does not cover electrical fault unless caused by physical damage.
- A damage caused during the move must be notified by email no later than 24 hours after the move. You will be required to provide a written claim, via email, along with supporting clear photographs of issues. Our customer service team will investigate each claim with the aim of an outcome within 5 business days.
- No claims will be accepted after this 24 hour period.
- We cannot move prohibited or stolen goods, drugs, pornographic material, potentially dangerous, damaging or explosive items including gas bottles, aerosols, paints, firearms and ammunition.
- Perishable items and/or those requiring a controlled environment.
Goods which require special licence or government permission for export or import.
- Plants or goods likely to encourage vermin or other pests or to cause infestation or contamination.
- Any animals, birds, fish, reptiles or plants.
Payments and Pricing
- Our prices, unless otherwise stated, exclude GST.
- We require full payment at the end of the move – except for clients with pre-approved accounts. The client has the choice to pay either cash or Visa/Mastercard.
- No surcharges, unless otherwise stated, apply for weekend bookings or public holidays.
- A booking fee of up to $80 is applicable to secure your booking. This can be paid via credit card, in person or bank transfer. The booking fee is deducted from the total charge once a job is completed.
- Where the booking fee is paid by credit card you agree that these details are kept on file and the same credit card will be charged upon completion of the job.
- It is your responsibility to ensure, if you are paying by cash, that you have enough money to pay the driver immediately at the completion of the job. Delays for payment will be added to the total amount due. You may not withhold any part of the agreed price.
- If payment is not made in full at completion of a job, an additional 5% administration charge is applied and such invoices are due within 5 business days.
- In the event where your overdue account is referred to a collection agency and/or law firm, a collection fee of $55 per outstanding invoice will be applied and you will be liable for all costs which would be incurred as if the debt is collected in full, including commission on collection of the additional costs and also including legal demand costs.
- Overdue accounts will be subject to interest at the rate of 13% p.a., calculated for the period the account is due until the date it is paid.
- Cancellation with over 48 hours notice receive a 50% refund on your booking fee. Rescheduling your booking with over 48 hours notice is free.
- Cancellation or rescheduling within 48 hours of your booking will forfeit your booking fee.
- Insurance charges are non refundable.
By completing and submitting the booking confirmation form is a binding agreement that you agree to the terms and conditions listed on this page.